Technical Issue!

AsperJosh has suffered a heavy impact. Every picture on every post before the Africa one has been lost due to an album online becoming corrupted.
I have almost every picture stored across 2 laptops and will slowly begin to re-upload them to my posts over a long period of time!
I will be starting from latest posts and work backwards to re-upload the pictures.
Thank you for understanding!
Joshua :'(

UPDATE - Fixed Posts
I HAVE FIXED ALL 2016 POSTS SO FAR!!!

2015 posts fixed so far:
- Tough Mudder 2015 - MCM Expo 2012 + Past Experiences - Telling People, I Have Aspergers - 5CPS - Marvel Phase Three - Attack On Titan - MCM Oct 2015 - Interstellar - Star Wars VII - Star Wars Original Trilogy - Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - Star Wars Battlefront - The Fault In Our Stars - Chronicle - Evans Night Out + Winter Wonderland 2015 -

2014 posts fixed so far:
- A Year's Progression At The Gym - 5CPS - The Land Before Time - X-Men Premier - X-Men DOFP - Halloween 2015 - Online Dating - Macbook Pro -

House MD, 3 Years Driving currently in progress.
More to be mended

Friday 7 October 2016

The Stupid AsperJosh Mistake of 2016

I wanted to write this short post for the record because it's a learning curve for me to cope with and a memory of when all of this became "fcked up". I can't believe I made a bone head mistake of accidentally deleting every picture on AsperJosh (except for my Africa post at the time). I'm treating the name like how old people tell stories of the "great" story of that year to keep everyone interested ha.
I'll explain how it happened but also explain how I've been coping and actions I'm taking to rectify this problem.

During the time when I was writing up my long Africa post, I uploaded too many pictures to the blog by mistake. That may not sound like a problem but actually it makes searching for the right pictures through the huge Album Drive a much longer task (even the scroll bar on the right of the webpage is so small because of the quantity to search through).
So I used this link to see how I could delete unwanted images in my Album Drive for Blogger. Then I clicked on the Album Drive hyperlink which took me here.








I clicked on one of the images after scrolling through several thousand images from past posts and tried to right click and delete an image.
Inadvertently, I ended up deleting the entire album of every picture I've posted on AsperJosh... ever... D'Oh!

Whats more surprising is that I didn't notice this till a day or two later when I had finished uploading the Africa post and then going onto AsperJosh's main page and discover this catastrophe myself. I saw that all of the pictures on the page and posts before the Africa one were all white with a ! mark in the middle indicating an error.
It didn't take long for me to work out why things had turned out this way and boy did I feel stupid.


My only reaction was cursing a little in my room like Happy Gilmore missing that put.
I didn't break anything or shed any tears surprisingly. But I did feel like I'd lost everything and sank for the next few days. I did try to see the funny side after that night because it is funny to make such a mistake so easily and stupidly.


So my only outcome now is to re-upload every picture that I have managed to recover from 2 laptops over the time that I've been doing this. Thank God for having the original pictures saved, if I had lost them too... I might as well of closed the blog down or just go ballistic and unleash a temper tantrum or something.


So I wrote up a text file at the top of the page to explain to every one who opened up AsperJosh with an astonishing discovery and surprise to see it all missing something. I explained everything and made the statement of how I will slowly begin to re-upload the pictures as best and fast as I can over time (I'm not Superman! Though his ability to circle the globe would be super handy right now!)
As I ticked posts off my list of 112 more posts to fix, I updated the statement at the top to alert people which posts I have fixed so far. It's really crushing to realise how much I have to do, how many pictures I'll have to remember which goes where in the correct order (god help me when I get to the Star Wars posts) X(


So I'm afraid it'll all look like this for a while when you open up a post. But please be patient and understanding. I'm still trying to write up new posts to keep you all entertained and updated on my life and plans. But this is a tough test for me to remain calm. *Inhales*... *Exhales*
This all be a funny post to look back on within a year or half a year once it's all back to normal, plus I have learnt my lesson and won't be making a mistake like that ever again!
Take note people of just how easy it is to almost lose everything that you've worked so hard on, where you've put your life, heart and soul into words to share with the world! I can't wait for this all to be over! My 2nd Tough Mudder post should go up this weekend to make things a little better, and then theirs my 3 Years Training At The Gym post to come next week.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment