Technical Issue!

AsperJosh has suffered a heavy impact. Every picture on every post before the Africa one has been lost due to an album online becoming corrupted.
I have almost every picture stored across 2 laptops and will slowly begin to re-upload them to my posts over a long period of time!
I will be starting from latest posts and work backwards to re-upload the pictures.
Thank you for understanding!
Joshua :'(

UPDATE - Fixed Posts
I HAVE FIXED ALL 2016 POSTS SO FAR!!!

2015 posts fixed so far:
- Tough Mudder 2015 - MCM Expo 2012 + Past Experiences - Telling People, I Have Aspergers - 5CPS - Marvel Phase Three - Attack On Titan - MCM Oct 2015 - Interstellar - Star Wars VII - Star Wars Original Trilogy - Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - Star Wars Battlefront - The Fault In Our Stars - Chronicle - Evans Night Out + Winter Wonderland 2015 -

2014 posts fixed so far:
- A Year's Progression At The Gym - 5CPS - The Land Before Time - X-Men Premier - X-Men DOFP - Halloween 2015 - Online Dating - Macbook Pro -

House MD, 3 Years Driving currently in progress.
More to be mended

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Caleb and Leanne's Wedding, July 2015

Sometimes Love conquers all and on Saturday 24th July, I witnessed two blessed souls join together in holy matrimony, Caleb and Leanne. 2 Kindred spirits finally did it last Saturday and brought happiness to each other and to all their friends and family that day. I'm so proud and so happy for them both!
Here's a wonderful story on how 2 great people found love.


Before I begin, let me go back to the start. I met Caleb way back in May 2010 through his older brother David who also has Aspergers Syndrome like me. I met David during my 1st year at Collyers through a girl that I liked and in the end chose to turn my attention to him instead of her (oh well, her loss). So I met this funny, loud, optimistic and caring mate at College and since then we have been talking for years as well as quoting with each other whether it's Shrek and Donkey or talking about Anime, Films and even the fact that David helped teach me how to get strong at the Gym (as I mentioned in my Gym posts).
So anyway, a while later, I was invited to his house and got to meet his caring family and meet Caleb. Caleb has been one of the most laid back, friendly, supportive and all around good guys I've ever met and has always been around on the rare occasion whether it's hanging out, speaking to each other for some support, reassurance or just catching up as well as open to Anime, Films and almost anything just like David. That's what makes those guys so awesome and just real keepers in my life, love those guys from Zimbabwe!

And I got to meet his gorgeous girlfriend Leanne in November 2013 (funny saying "girlfriend" because now they are husband and wife *sniff* ha). She was shy at first and to be honest, I've only seen her a few times since but the thing that's most key is that she makes my mate feel amazing and I know she's a wonderful caring person and is just perfect for Caleb. And now I can get to know her even more in the future as those two continue their loving life together and from the moments in the future where I'll be there too with the others to celebrate and make more memories.

So anyway, I received a letter invitation in the post around a month ago and RSVP'd right away. And at last, the day came when I would be all suited and booted but unfortunately it was on a rainy day that just never ceased. But the weather didn't seem to get anyone down because it wasn't stopping these 2 love birds from getting hitched.

I turned up about 1.50pm and luckily parked almost the same time as David and his father Kingsley just arrived and we ran inside to get sorted. I was most relieved to see Chris again (one of Caleb's friends) so I asked to sit next to him and I also ended up making 3 new friends Dan, his fiance Abbie and their friend Adam. I saw all the Heymans at the front and was waiting in excitment (well maybe no where near the level as Caleb). Soon it was all time! Destony had called everyone together! And there she was, Leanne looking all beautiful as she slowly walked down the isle towards her man.

The Vicar was a lovely chap and performed the service with passion. We all got involved in singing songs such as Cornerstone, Amazing Grace etc. I was a little deep down uncomfortable due to not really had any experience (or much) of being in Just to be safe, I won't go into detail why I don't believe in God or any Religion otherwise it will offend/ annoy others. But I didn't let any of that stop me from coming to support my friends!
Church and singing like this before and it's also because of my beliefs.
The Ceremony ended up going for about just over an hour but during that time, everyone's hearts were all high and in awe for Caleb and Leanne.Even Caleb's Mum, Nicky gave a beautiful song that she chose for her son.
Two fascinating moment that I most enjoyed was that the Vicar actually read out a funny poem by Pam Ayres called Yes, I'll Marry You My Dear.
Yes, I’ll marry you, my dear.
And here’s the reason why.
So I can push you out of bed
When the baby starts to cry.
And if we hear a knocking
And it’s creepy and it’s late,
I hand you the torch you see,
And you investigate.
Yes I’ll marry you, my dear,
You may not apprehend it,
But when the tumble-drier goes
It’s you that has to mend it.
You have to face the neighbour
Should our labrador attack him,
And if a drunkard fondles me
It’s you that has to whack him.
Yes, I’ll marry you,
You’re virile and you’re lean,
My house is like a pigsty
You can help to keep it clean.
That sexy little dinner
Which you served by candlelight,
As I do chipolatas,
You can cook it every night!!!
It’s you who has to work the drill
And put up the curtain track,
And when I’ve got PMT it’s you who gets the flak,
I do see great advantages,
But none of them for you,
And so before you see the light,
I DO, I DO, I DO!!
That's brilliant, right?!
The other was a curious, symbolic and interesting new look at a Toblerone Chocolate Bar. I can't remember it all off the tip of my tongue but it involved symbolic references to how we always go for the chocolate right away and that this means what we rush into love without looking at the layers such as the box is what kept it all together and the fragile tinfoil is torn because of maybe irresponsibility and that the actual shape of the triangles represent a graph or so or how it goes up and down like a love life will flow. We must always be there through thick and thin of our love lives and cherish everything and even continue with the friendly/ small things and not change them just because you get married, this man knew quite the guide to love and that really had me interested and think deeply over his amazing words.

We had 3 chances during the Wedding to get up and take pictures as the Vicar had asked up to keep our phones switched off until he said it was okay to come up and take pictures.
As we all followed the leaflet/ guide book on the songs and layout of the service, time began to move on and some truly beautiful stories came through that Caleb and Leanne shared one romantic memory that each other had cherished and shared with us all. Caleb's was spending a fun packed surprise day at Thorpe Park with Leanne during their 1st anniversary together as a couple. Leanne's was a sad but truly beautiful story about how unfortunately with her coming from Wales, it's been hard to keep contact and maintain the contact since having moved.
But a quote that she shared from the philosophical Dr. Seuss "Sometimes you'll never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a Memory!" Wow! That sums up my thoughts clearly. But her story was about how she had to confess to Caleb at dusk in the park that she was sadly moving away. Caleb did the remarkable and told her that it mean't nothing and ended up dancing with her and that's when she admitted to us all and knew to herself that he was a keeper and look at them now?!





Before I knew it they were exchanging their honest and passionate wedding vows for each other and I heard the words we'd all been waiting for, "I now pronounce this couple, husband and wife!" And Caleb and Leanne got to the kissing before the Vicar could say "You may now kiss the bride" haha.
We all slowly made our way outside after they went first and as the rain had stopped momentarily, we all shared some pictures outside the church and whilst the families stayed in the church for more, Chris, Abbie, Dan and Adam and I popped to the Sussex Barn to share some food and have a drink (I couldn't as I was driving and had no ID on me anyway).

Christ ended up buying one of those share platters and we all dug in just as the sound engineer for the wedding, reception and in the band that performed the music to the hymn's today, Peter.
I understood that everyone knew each other from Sundays but they were all so polite and friendly and I got to know them well despite giving my reason for not believing but they fact that we all knew and loved Caleb and Leanne, it was enough to wash away this difference between people.


We all walked over to the Hall (behind the church and right near Sussex Barn) at around 5.10pm as we heard that it was now cool to head to the reception. I saw that my table was next to some of Caleb's friends that I've met and hung out with before including the other JoshDeborah and Andrew. I also got to make new friends with Alex and a lady named Michelle from Germany. We all took pictures, well we were "The Cool Table" and Chris got jealous and came over and joined us haha.
Is it me?! But doesn't Alex look a little
like Tom Cruise from 'Jerry Maguire' film?!
Andrew was part of
The "Cool" Table too

Soon, the newlyweds arrived and joined us all and right after it was time to grab food from the buffet.
I noticed that everyone had these adorable and delicate Butterfly boxes that turned out to be filled with small Heart shaped biscuits and Love Hearts sweets which had been customized to say "Love Hearts Mr And Mrs Heymans" on the wrapping, aww.



The speeches soon followed through at about 7.00 ish, Leanne's dad was first. He gave a funny and heartwarming speech about Leanne growing up being "daddy's little girl" aww and even mentioned a story about how when she was around 10 that she gave his car a wash, to his unfortunate surprise, she'd used the Kitchen Scourer... awe, yikes... but it sure was funny and we all laughed after all done responding in shock and awe haha.
Caleb's heartwarming speech was perfect, he spoke a lot in sarcasm and slight embarassment but with a big smile on his face as well as admitting and re-telling so much of his history with his family, friends and his lovely bride. Wait a go, mate!
And David's was just as great but also awkward and funny thanks to this honesty (coming from an Aspergers Mind) but seeing him perform great gave me inspiration to write a speech as good as his someday if I'm a best man at a wedding or give one at my sister's wedding someday.


Up next was a funny and test of knowledge game that the newlyweds had to play, JENGA!Haha that was a funny moment as their were about 6 questions I think each for them both to answer correctly through Leanne's Dad's sheet. A correct answer meant moving one piece, but get it wrong then you had to move 2 pieces! Leanne was very swift and good at it as we all saw in excitement and Caleb had a few close calls and ultimately it was him that lost but he did it in style. It reminded me of when Leonard and Sheldon play a big version of JENGA once on The Big Bang Theory, though in this case none of them were wearing a safety hat haha.

After the tables were all cleared, we were reminded to partake in a lovely scrapbook idea which involved us all having our pictures taken by Jess and her Polaroid Camera and then placing the picture inside the album and writing a little something. Perfect Idea, may even use that for my Wedding someday. Oh yeah and me and the guys all got an impressive back massage from Michelle whilst waiting in the queue, I certainly felt refreshed after that with her hands as did the others haha.
Afterwards it was time for everyone to begin dancing but not before 2 very special dances first!
First our Bride and Groom took to the floor and had everyone in a trance of peace and love as those 2 shared a precious moment and even bought tears to many eyes including me.
Next it was the Father of the Bride's turn and their song was Heartland - I Loved Her First (had to look that up after hearing the lycis), I loved it, slightly reminded me of Brantley Gilbert a little.
I kinda feel deep down that I wish I had mentioned this song to the couple before the wedding incase this was an idea for their song, but I'm still pleased they had one anyway. Caleb and Leanne, this one's for you!




David and his sister, Hannah
Before we all came onto the dance floor, a little surprise had been lined up for everyone, the Bride, Groom and the Best Men and Bridesmaids all did "The Cha Cha Slide", haha brilliant!

Then, it was time for everyone to get their feet onto the floor and just go nuts. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off, Coldplay - Paradise, Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk and several more tracks all played and got us all pumped up and show off a few talented and funny dance moves, even in a circle.
Everyone had drinks, me, I had Fizzies. I caught up with Dan and Abbie for a sec as they were looking into a lift but found one in the end anyway.

By 10.30pm, a funny surprise happened which involved Caleb carrying Leanne away home... in a Wheelbarrow... yeah! That's one way to carry your Mrs out of somewhere haha. And with them gone, it was time for everyone to begin packing up, clearing up and heading home.
I said goodbye to everyone and made a few plans to see others again sometime or someday. Most likely, Andrew's 21st is when I'll see a handful of them again.

So as you can see, it was a wonderful day and I'm just so happy for Caleb and Leanne.
And I end this story with a small reminder for them both and for anyone else who is a Christian.
I've been meaning to show this to them for a few months after discovering it, but here's a little video from the one and only Owl City who is also a Christian. I reckon and believe this song will help them with a few dark days/ moments in their lives and help remind them of their love for eachother and for him. I may not believe too but that doesn't mean I can't show this to those that do.
Thank you so much guys for having me on such a glorious ocassion. I wish you both the best and look forward to the next time I see you two again as well as continue to share many more wonderful memories and events in our lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment